Skip to main content

HAWAII SHARK ENCOUNTER


My best experience in Honolulu, Hawaii would have to be the Shark Dive with North Shore Shark Adventures Excursion. 

It cost me around $130 USD and included roundtrip from a nearby hotel to the loading docks (about 35 minute drive), mask, snorkel, water, shark dive, and footage of my experience.

I must admit, I was super nervous at first. After climbing in the cage, they release the cage away from the boat. So basically the cage is being held up my a string, at least thats how I felt. Not to mention I’m not a huge fan of snorkelling mask. For some reason I hyperventilate every time I wear one. I felt like I was in the middle of the ocean suffocating. Despite my fear, the crew at North Shore truly made you feel comfortable getting into the cage and doing so safely.

I’m happy I got to experience something like this. I’m not crazy or anything but I would absolutely do it again. 

Check out their website at: https://sharktourshawaii.com




Date Visited: July 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EATING GRASSHOPPERS IN CAMBODIA

Siem Reap, Cambodia was on my list of places to visit while being in South East Asia. Known for their particular type of street food at night, I decided I was going to try a few of their norms. My options were: Black Spiders, Worms, Grasshoppers, Snakes, Scorpions, and Frogs. As seen in my video below, I hardly but only tried one of the above. The Grasshopper! Now I’m not even sure if it was a Grasshopper or Cricket. Nevertheless, I tried an insect ….YUCK! At least thats that you would think. It didn’t taste awful at all, it was really sweet and dry. I kinda liked it. But would I snack on it like they do, probably not.  Opening up my appetite to try something new, I decided to eat at a restaurant called Khmer BBQ, where I would prepare my own meal. I had Frog legs, Crocodile, Chicken and Bacon. I was amazed at the Frog Legs. They tasted just like Chicken! It was too good, and would most likely eat it again if I’m no longer a Pescatarian. I liked it that ...

5 MUST DO'S BEFORE LEAVING CANADA

Registration of Canadians Abroad : The Government website https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/registration Check Travel Advice and Advisory : Read necessary Visas needed (on Arrival or Ahead of time) and vaccinations https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories Locate Embassies and Consulates : I normally do this for Foreign countries that English is not the main language. You can never be too prepared.  https://travel.gc.ca/assistance/embassies-consulates Make an Itinerary: Plan a very detailed itinerary (Send to Family and Friends). This includes Hotel, Flight times, any planned Excursions, Embassy and Consulate locations and contacts.  Inform Credit Companies : Notify credit card companies of your travels outside the Country. Most credit cards companies now do not require this action to be done as they have systems to prevent flagging when travelling. However, I rather be on the safe side. 

BOM DIA BRAZIL

Waking Up in Rio de Janeiro and Bahia RIO DE JANEIRO, RIO DE JANEIRO My first time visiting Rio de Janeiro was back in 2015. School was out and I would spend the next month and a bit backpacking South America. First up was Rio. I fell in love with this place the moment I arrived in its beauty and lets be honest my first Caipirinha. Lost in translation, not being able to communicate with most people and even with the airline loosing my luggage which meant I would spend the next few hours or days in Toga wear was all apart of the journey. From the meat (huge meat lover), the people, the environment and the vast amount of options I had at my hands, I knew I would visit again. This time I was able to journey back to Rio and for the first time, Salvador. Of course I loved it too, especially more so now that I had help! José was my voice box as he speaks fluent Portuguese. I didn’t realize until that moment how much of a difference speaking a main language in a country would...